Thursday, September 2, 2010

Thing #3

Like I said before, I am new to the blog, but I am really enjoying it. I feel that as I keep moving forward in my education and in the future  I could benefit in using a blog. When I am going through my student teaching I feel that a blog could beneficial not only for me, but but also the students. By using a blog I could post assignments that are due, events that are coming up around school, post the lunch menu for the week, and weekly reminders. This would allow not only for the students to have access to it,  but also the parents. I feel that using a blog would be a very good source of communication.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Megan I did not think about student teaching until I read your blog that is such a great idea to be able to have a open communication during such a stressful but, fun time. Posting the lunch menu is another great idea this will the the children and teacher a chance to decide if they need to pack a lunch. I feel you had some great ideas that I did not think about till after I read you blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Using a blog to post upcoming events around the school is an awesome idea. Schools send out the newsletter all the time, but how often does the parent see them or they get lost...a lot more than they are read. Posting these things in a blog makes the information easily accessible for parents. Its too easy to check your child's teacher blog while checking your email than trying to make sure your child gets the newsletter, that they don't care about, to you regularly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you all very much for commenting on this blog post. I feel that by using this form of information helps to get the word out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't even think about posting information for my students so that they are on top of upcoming assignments and events for the week! What a solid idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with what you wrote as well. Until I started to read around I didn't really know how blogging could be so useful in a classroom!

    ReplyDelete