Thursday, October 7, 2010

Thing #6

 I found out that I actually use a lot of the tools listed in the Webware 100 list such as: Facebook, Google, Craigslist, Paypal, and various others. I found this activity very interesting and useful! I really enjoyed this activity! I have been wondering what Skype actually is because young adults at the daycare I work at say they use this. Well now I know exactly what it is! Skype is a form of interacting via Internet.http://www.skype.com/intl/en-us/features/. I liked this website because it could be a great form of communication whether it be family and friends who live far away, or using it to chat with freinds from school this website could be a very good form of communication.

I feel that Skype could be used successfully in a school setting. Whether it be a student who is very ill and cannot attend class the instruction could be streamed through Skype and technically the student would be getting instruction he or she needs! Also, if we are learning about a different culture within the classroom we could contact someone from this culture and talk to them via Skype. Either way Skype is a great form of communication and could be useful in a classroom setting!

No comments:

Post a Comment